Saturday, January 18, 2020

Rewind to Christmas

Celebrating Christmas with an almost 2-year old who's now old enough to be excited was sheer delight. I only recorded a few snippets of our day, but it was full of time with our little family, with Grandma and Grandpa and aunts and uncles on Rundy's side, and with Grandma and Uncle Joel and the Owen cousins on my side. What a full, bustle-y day. What a good day. There is such deep-settling pleasure in simply being together.

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house not a creature was stirring and-all-that-good-stuff...


Christmas morning we all woke happy and ready for the festivities to begin.


No joke. Our deprived little Sugar Tooth--before opening nearly every present, no matter what shape or size--grinned and said, "Candy? Chocolate?" He takes after his Mama, who takes after his Grandpa Johnson. The genes run strong...





Gotta take a couple of your favorite presents along for the ride.


Horrible quality picture, but it's one of the only pictures I have of this little Christmas elf in his elf get-up so it'll have to do.


I can't wait to keep creating new traditions together as the boys get older. Christmas was always my very favorite time of year growing up, and it makes me feel young again to have little people to enjoy it with me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment