Tuesday, October 11, 2022

I'm Pregnant!!!

I'm pregnant!

I have a newborn!!!

I have a one month old!!!!

This blog has long been dead. And what is potent enough to resurrect it, if not for anything other than fits and spurts and coughs and sputters? 

OBLIGATORY MONTHIVERSARY PHOTOS!!!! A new baby who is here, and has been for a month. (Evidently you don't need an official announcement to birth a baby.)

Tessa Shalom joined us in the wee hours of September 11th, fifteen days past the due date we were given and just when she was meant to come. Tessa means "harvester," and Shalom, of course, means "peace." A harvest of wholeness, wellness, peace--a blessing for her life and a hope for mine. After the most psychologically, emotionally, physically, spiritually exhausting lead-up to labor I've yet had, this labor was a blessing. Physically, it was by far the easiest I've experienced, and I reflect on her birth with gratitude. She was the first baby I lifted with my own hands after she was delivered to place on my chest, the pressure of her tiny body a sweet relief. 

She has been nothing but a quiet joy from then until now, a steady little glow when the dark presses in. 

Thank God for the intense fire of Tadhg, the dancing sunbeam of Pip, the twinkling starlight of Marnie, and now the comforting candle flicker of Tessa. 

The night can only encroach so far with such light so close at hand.
























No comments:

Post a Comment