Saturday, February 11, 2023

Five Months of Tessa Shalom

There's this funny thing I've found where the more babies I've had the more I enjoy them. I don't love them more, but the enjoyment settles even deeper. And Tessa is very enjoyable. She grins at the drop of a hat. She loves to laugh. Just the sight of one of her people is often enough to make her light up. I suspected she might be a slow mover because she's generally so laidback, but putting her on her belly this month she's starting to prove me wrong. She enjoys being on the floor and is exceedingly curious about the world, taking it all in wide-eyed. The first time she had a substantial amount of time on the kitchen floor next to me while I worked she managed to pivot, roll over both ways, and scooch backwards a bit. She'll be keeping up with the bigger siblings in no time. She's also getting amusingly grabby, particularly with cups at the dinner table. Tessa is much more of a Daddy's girl than Marnie ever was, and she beams when she sees him after work. She loves his crazy games and giggles like nobody's business. Watching her grow has been the purest pleasure for every last one of us.

Oh, Tessa. How you delight us all, precious girl.














I will be sad when she stops doing this. It's my absolute favorite.




Now that she's on the floor more often, she's irresistible. All the kids pile around her because she's their little love, too.



Belly raspberries deserve a good affectionate hair-pulling. 




The best little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment