Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Highlights

The kids have been very inspired by reading Farmer Boy together for homeschooling, dragging their antique toboggan through the grass with loads of what-have-you, building cabins out of firewood out by the woodshed. Today's project was weaving.






At suppertime they also recited a poem they've been working on memorizing to perform for Daddy (a complete surprise to him). I didn't record their first recitation because I didn't want to give them nerves with a camera, but afterwards Rundy said I should tape it for posterity to immortalize the lisps and cuteness. They were happy to oblige with a second round (though the applause wasn't half so loud and hearty as it was the first time around, and you can't see their first flush of pleasure at Daddy's delight). They were so gratified. I didn't even know Marnie had it memorized until earlier this morning--who knew? Cute little parrot.

1 comment:

  1. I know I tend to think that Marnie is younger then she is because of her size, but that still seemed quite impressive even allowing for that.

    ReplyDelete