Sunday, November 12, 2017

...In With the New

My old blog was faithful. But even the most faithful things give up the ghost, and I'm pretty certain that's what happened.

My old blog had a robust life when I needed it most--when I lived my spinster teacher life tucked away in my little apartment, thinking thoughts and feeling feelings and needing a space to air them out so they didn't suffocate me. It served me well as I processed life and faith and death and grief. It remains a good resting place for my farewells to my dad. It was a necessary corner, a place of peace for someone learning to be a bit more vulnerable (on the blog, yes, but even more to the point, off it).

But as I've realized how many months the cobwebs have collected on the old thing, I've felt that maybe a fresh start is what's needed. Recognize that the old book isn't going to have any more to say, the ink is dry, and all that. Maybe in order to find words again I need a fresh page.

So here's to fresh pages.

(And don't ask what sorts of things will be written on 'em. The simple truth? I've no idea yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment