Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Nesting

If God gives us more children someday, the seams of this old house will stretch and a nursery will likely be a frivolity which we no longer have space for. But for now, I'm enjoying nesting (i.e. making paper cranes like a madwoman when Rundy is at work until midnight).

Our nursery is a vintage hodge-podge of odds and ends and curiosities, the newest addition being a pair of curtains which used to be an unfinished quilt cover. (Thanks, Mopsy.)

There's nothing quite like the way light changes the look of things.




 

5 comments:

  1. Does my heart good to see all those paper cranes. :-) I'd say you finally got the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed get the hang of it! I made all but 6 of the cranes and assembled the whole shebang in one day. A far cry from the distress I was enduring trying to figure out all the folds when you were visiting... :)

      Delete
  2. Well, with our 12 kids, the room remained a nursery/quiet room the whole way through. :-) (It stopped being a nursery and turned into a quiet room, then sewing room, once there were no more babies, but right down to Deirdre it was the nursery.)

    I love the way you turn spaces into places so cozy, homey and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it will stay a nursery then! :) It was definitely fun to decorate. I might change it up a bit depending on the furniture situation, but it's nice to have a start at least.

      Delete