Monday, May 18, 2020

A Whole Year of Pippin!

A year ago Pippin came into this world quickly, unexpectedly, and miraculously brimful of life and health. The months have passed like days. Sometimes as I nurse him in the quiet, watching him drift into sleep, I marvel at the length of him draped across me. At the truth that his person, knit in secret and invisible for so long, has gained flesh and inches and pounds and laughter and will and personality in so short a space.

Time is winged.

Peregrine Luke has lived up to his name. He traveled far to come to us; he will travel still farther, God willing. And the light he has brought! His weary mama has grown in step with him these many months. I have been glad of my fellow traveler. Glad of the light that bobs alongside me.

Pippin is laughter and toothy grins. He is cloudbursts of temper that glower and growl and then flee away. He is a blur speeding toward the nearest open doorway. He is sweetness and stubbornness and silliness all in one.

He is our delight.















No comments:

Post a Comment