Friday, January 22, 2021

All Is (Mostly) Calm and All Is Bright

What a Christmas it was! 

Three children, one of them brand spanking new. Fresh out of the hospital in time for Christmas Eve (thank goodness for all of those crazy, 9 months pregnant, get-everything-ready-for-Christmas-before-the-baby-comes days). 

I was achey and exhausted and happy

After Rundy and I had bustled around on no sleep getting the house and the stockings and the presents all ready for Christmas morning...








...we went upstairs to crash. Rundy told me I needed to peek in at our boys in their room because they were so sweet. We tiptoed in together.

(Funky lighting compliments of the Christmas lights hung all around their room.)




Morning arrived, and when the boys woke up we all snuggled in bed for a bit before heading downstairs. Unbeknownst to me, Rundy had sneakily bought some fixings to start a new Christmas morning tradition: sparkling grape juice in goblets and chocolate milk. (I was just as pleased as the boys.)

At this point, I only took a couple more pictures before I forgot about my camera and just enjoyed being with our little family. So...sorry. This is all you get.

Sleepy newborn Maranatha. 


And a blurry, super excited Tadhg.


Rundy did get this video, though. I love having just this sort of quiet, slow Christmas morning. No present-opening frenzy. Just the delight of doing something special and utterly unnecessary together as a family. The boys are so pleased with so little at this point. We took a nice long break during stocking-opening before even getting to presents so they could play with their new Dollar Store matchbox cars. 


We headed off to spend time with both sides of the family after our own little Christmas at home was over. My last three Christmas photos were of Rundy and Tadhg working together on one of the boys' Christmas presents--a build-your-own helicopter and fire engine kit. 




The best part of Christmas this year was Marnie and having such a long stretch to be together as a family. Quiet and peaceful and just as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment