Thursday, March 19, 2020

Spring-ing

Despite glass in desperate need of washing...


...this window makes me happy.














The boys and I went on a walk on one of the most recent balmy days. Tadhg chattered like a magpie. I answered questions. We talked about the ethics of littering (trash not in a garbage can disturbed him). 


He played in water in the ditches. (What else are ditches for, if not for little boys to play in?)


And we found a wood frog just waking up for the spring. Tadhg had been carrying a baby pinecone in his chubby little fist. When we found the frog, he told me he wanted to give it his pinecone to eat. And so we did. Not sure if the frog found it as appetizing as kindhearted Tadhg was certain it would, but it's the thought that counts.


3 comments:

  1. Debbie, thank you for these. They are a balm for my weary soul! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad. :) We should talk again soon and catch up! You've been at grad school, but...corona...maybe you're home for now? In either case, thinking of you and wishing you well.

      Delete
    2. (And soon enough the sunshine will be here to stay! Not much longer now.)

      Delete