Thursday, July 1, 2021

Playing Catch-Up

I have, quite literally, nearly a year's worth of photos backlogged. 

We'll be leaving for our annual trek to the Adirondacks in less than a month, and I never blogged last year's Adirondacks trip. Summer, fall, winter, spring--a year's worth of children growing and changing and getting livelier in all the ways a person can be lively. A year's worth of changing scenery and hard work and bountiful play. This year has held so much off the blog that, really, it's perfectly reasonable that so little of it landed here. 

But. 

It would be a tragedy to go to the mountains without putting last year's photos here for posterity. So bit by bit over the next few weeks, I'm going to do my darndest to catch up in dribs and drabs--starting with this spring and working my way backwards. Haven't decided if I'll post-date things so they show up chronologically in the blog, but if I do decide to do that I'll put up a post with links to the post-dated stuff so any of the truly faithful can revisit old haunts with me if they wish. 

Onward, ho, beginning with all of the non-Marnie-monthiversary photos from the last several months!

We all love bedtime. (Can you blame us?)


We all also love Joel, even though his visits are rare and he has an annoying habit of trying to ruin photographs with shots of his hand.




Swimming is a regular occurrence in the tub. And lively enactments of boats nearly wrecking during storms at sea aren't unheard of, either. It's good to have a brother.


We're trying to learn how to move, aren't we, Marnie? It's onerously hard work, but plastic grapes are worth some elbow grease.


If I took photos every time one of the boys was heaping Marnie with affection, we'd all get tired of cute sibling pictures. (Well, maybe not me.)


And this video? I mostly just wanted to capture how Pip says "Marnie Moo." These adorable funny-voiced days don't last forever, more's the pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment