Sunday, July 25, 2021

Freeze-Frame: Chatter. Marsupials. God According to a Two Year Old.

Tadhg, upon seeing me come downstairs with Marnie in the baby wrap, asked very seriously, "Mom, why didn't God give you a kangaroo pouch?"

______________________________________ 

We went to a friend's baptism today. As I was having my nighttime chat and snuggle with Pippin, we talked about our day.

"Went to Lachley's house!" he said.

"Yes," I replied. "And we got to see our friend Dennis get baptized in the water. He wants to follow God and obey Him, doesn't he?"

Thoughtful pause.

"I obey God," murmured Pip.

More thoughtful silence and searching for words.

"God not monster."

I agreed that God is not a monster and that He's very good.

MORE thoughtful silence and word-wrangling.

"God...God...my blanket!"

"God gave you your blanket? Yes, it's very cozy and comfy, isn't it? Do you want to thank God for your blanket?"

Vigorous nod. 

And so we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment