Wednesday, March 31, 2021

My Little Potato Pippin

He was excavating in the garden and unearthed treasure. (I posted the blurry pictures because there was only one UNblurry picture and--look at him. That face. So proud and pleased.)



Little Pip has been living up to his name lately, in every way conceivable. His emotions run high, no matter the variety. The emotions change--glee and anger and excitement and humor and self-pity and affection--but the intensity never does. He is a boy of theatre, and parenting him these days stumps me often. But what it's come down to recently? Realizing how much I need to invest time in knowing him. How much he wants some steady one-on-one attention every single day. And so we forge ahead, learning each other's angles and curves more and more. He's my little gooseberry. 



No comments:

Post a Comment