Wednesday, March 3, 2021

The Man Is Turning Three

And gee willikers, has he grown into the idea of birthdays. 

(I'm loving it. A lot.)

We're going to celebrate his birthday in just a few days, and all week he's been talking about his cake. He's waxed eloquent to me, to Pippin, to Daddy. And when he exhausted all of those ears, he even sat down at the top of the stairs and monologued at our cat--"Do you wanna hear 'bout my digger cake?!"

All I can say is I'd better deliver. He's got expectations.

[**Also -- careful observers, and even not so careful ones, will note that my firstborn has exceedingly peculiar ways of letting out pent-up excitement and anticipation. It's not just anyone who resorts to sucking his big toe when the visions in his head are unbearably grand.] 



Every morning now, Tadhg asks how long it is until his birthday. Often when we count down the days, his eyes well up. 

"I can't wait that long."

The burdens of boyhood are heavy indeed.

2 comments:

  1. The second video is pretty funny, with Pip's serious, attentive body language and rather adult-like pose as he listens to Tadhg's spiel, and then Tadgh whacking his leg when he thinks he isn't listening attentively enough anymore!!

    ReplyDelete