Thursday, March 28, 2019

G.F.D. - And He's Here!

March 8, 2018

I'm not one of those people who has a burning desire to blog her birth story. (In fact, I have no desire to do so at all, burning or otherwise...) The last few days before he arrived were stressful; despite really wanting to avoid an induction, I ended up being induced. After a good many hours of Hard Work--eureka! A brand new human!

Tadhg Amos Purdy joined us out in the big world on March 8 at 10:43 am, weighing in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces and measuring 21 inches long. We couldn't have been more grateful for his safe arrival, and we couldn't love him more. God is good. Both Tadhg and we as his parents will have to live with his impossible Gaelic name forever, but hey! It's a year later and both Rundy and I still like it. I'm pretty sure Tadhg will, too. Here's one reason why. And here's another (Tadhg means "poet" or "philosopher").

Having a baby is the most surreal thing. I've been mentally reliving Tadhg's birth lately now that the days until his baby brother's arrival--God willing--are dwindling. Some people may have words for it all. But I don't. 







It's kind of crazy how different a one-year old can look from his newly-born self. It's hard to see right-now Tadhg inside some of these newborn pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment